Saturday, November 1, 2008

A great night, followed by a very lazy day...

Last night was Halloween and everyone in the dorms dressed up and we had a big party on our floor. The Homestays came as well and we even got about 7 Russians from the other floors of the dorm to join us as well! It was a pretty crazy night, I must say. I improvised a costume by being a hippie (some said this was too close to the truth to be a costume lol). Francine and I bought a bunch of candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters (i.e. our friends). Everyone had a great time and gorged on booze and candy--the perfect combination! ;) There was even some dancing and you know how much I enjoy that.

We were all up until like 5 in the morning, so this morning I was waay too tired to get up and go to Lenin's Masoleum, so I'm going tomorrow morning. I'm sad I didn't get to go with the group, but oh well; sometimes you just need sleep. And apparently I did because I basically slept all day with periods of wakefulness, but no periods of productivity, sadly. Tomorrow should be better, but I'm kind of ok with being lazy today. Sometimes you just need a day of that, you know? Plus, you need energy to pay your respects to that man who ruined Russia.

I can't believe it's November 1! That seems weird. And that means the election is soon! I'll be glad to see that over. The waiting makes me anxious, although I am happy I voted. And we'll see if the polls have been accurate after all...

No comments: